För den som kan tänka sig att skriva på engelska har Futurescape en novelltävling.
Temat är ”Blue Sky Cities”. Novellen ska utspela sig i en nära framtid.
Så här står det bland annat på hemsidan:
For 2017, the Futurescapes Contest theme is “Blue Sky Cities.” We’re seeking stories set in a near-future city where significant strides have been made toward improving air quality, climate adaptation, or even net positive impacts on climate and air quality.
We want to see your vivid ideas and concepts, but don’t forget the basics of story: strong voice, compelling characters driven by real desires, facing serious obstacles that sum to an engaging plot and story.
You need not paint us a utopia – we don’t really believe in those. We believe that at any given time, depending on individual perspective, every city has dystopian and utopian aspects. The key is to show us a solution, but don’t strip it of realistic political, scientific, or logistical obstacles, and don’t neglect the possibility and ramifications of unintended consequences from even the best solution.
1. Works of short fiction up to 8,000 words, written in accordance with this year’s theme.
2. Compelling stories that explore the nuance of technology, science, politics, and/or policy, without forgetting about plot and character!
3. Stories that show us both the positives and negatives of this possible future.
4. Stories that can provide a road-map for cities, states, and nations to follow.
5. Stories that may be built in a rich and full world, but that manage to show us the reality of a single city, neighborhood, and/or life.
6. Stories worthy of the $2,000 prize for first place, and $500 prize to each of the five runners-up.
7. Stories that, when placed in the hands of a mayor or governor, could change the course of the future.
Deadline: 13 oktober 2017.
Läs mer om tävlingen och dess regler här:
Jag tackar Ahrvid Engholm på SKRIVA-listan för tipset!